- 30 jackfruit leaves
- 2 cups brown rice (washed and soaked for 5 hrs)
- salt to taste
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 1/2 cup jaggery
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- Method1. Prepare the cones as shown in the video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6myaZ2yBhlM
- 2. For outer cover, grind the soaked rice and salt using little water to make moist and thick dough.
Keep this aside.
3. Prepare the sweet filling:
Place a pan on medium flame,add jaggery, when it melts add the coconut and cardamom powder and mix well,cook till you get a thick but moist filling.
4. Fill cones as shown in the video.Place 2 tbsp of rice dough into the cone and spread it around the cone, make a hole and fill the cones with coconut and jaggery filling. Cover with 1/2 tbsp of rice dough.
5. Place the cones in a steamer and steam for 45 minutes.
6. Serve with homemade ghee.