1 kg prawn
- 2 onions(finely chopped)
- 2 tomatoes(finely chopped)
- 2 tsp roasted coriander
- 1/4 roasted cumin
- 15 roasted peppercorns
- 1/4roasted methi
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- tamarind (little bigger than marble)
- 5 garlic (with skin)
- 1/2 inch ginger (optional)
- 1 cup coconut
- 10 roasted red chilli(long)
- 5 roasted red chilli (small)
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- Clean and de-vein prawn. Keep aside.
- Grind coconut,red chillies,coriander seeds, cumin seeds,peppercorn,methi seeds,tamarind,garlic,ginger and turmeric powder into a very fine and thick paste (add little water)
- Place a vessel on medium high flame and add oil,when oil is hot add the chopped onion and fry till onion turns golden brown,now add chopped tomatoes and stir,add salt (its helps in melting the tomatoes).Cook till the tomatoes melt and resembles a puree.
- Now add the ground masala and cook till the oil seperates, stir often.
- Throw in the cleaned prawns and stir till well combined.Add 1 cup water or to required consistency and bring the gravy to boil.
- Adjust salt and cook till prawns are done (do not over cook the prawns)
- Serve with rice,dosa or chappati