Ingredients for steamed pathrode
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 cup urad dal
- salt to taste
- 1 bunch colocaesia/taro leaves (chopped)
- 4 banana leaves
- Soak urad dal and brown rice in water separately overnight.
- grind urad dal and brown rice seperately using very little water to very thick paste.
- In a big bowl mix in urad dal and brown rice batter and add chopped colocaesia /taro leaves and salt and add little water to get desired consistency (shown in video below).
- Place the idli steamer on medium high flame and cover. Place the banana leaves on top of the idli steamer for few minutes,this is to soften the banana leaf so that its can be folded easily.
- Place the batter on the banana leaf and fold(as shown in video),place this in the idli steamer and steam for 45 minutes to 1 hr.
- Let the pathrode cool down and then cut it to thick pieces.