- 300 grms Sprouted moong dal
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 medium tomato chopped
- 7 roasted red chillies (4 long and 3 small)
- 2 tsp roasted coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup freshly grated coconut
- salt to taste
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 7 to 8 crushed garlic
- 1 red chilly
- 10 to 12 curry leaves
1. Put sprouted moong dal, tomatoes, salt and onion into a vessel, add enough water to cover the moong dal and cook on medium flame till the dal is almost cooked.
2. Grind coconut ,coriander seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric using little water into a thick and fine paste.
3. Add the ground paste into the cooked moong dal and cook on medium flame.Bring to boil and cook till the raw smell of the ground masala disappears . Add water to adjust consistency.
4.Keep a small vessel on medium flame and add oil,when oil is hot add mustard seeds and urad dal. When the mustard seeds start popping,add crushed garlic,curry leaves and red chilly.Now pour the seasoning on to the padengi gravy.
5. Serve with Moode 0r Steamed Rice