How to Prepare
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Serves: 5
- Mango puree – 1 1/2 cups
- Ripe mango – 1/2 cup, peeled, cubed and chilled
- Tapioca pearls or sago – 1/2 cup, soaked for 15-20 mts in enough water
- Reduced milk – 3/4 cup (boil 1/2 lt milk till it reduces to 3/4 cup) OR evaporated milk
- Full fat milk – 1/2 cup (add more if the pudding is too thick) OR thick coconut milk
- Corn starch – 1 1/2 tsps, mix in 2 tbsps milk
- Sugar – 1/3 cup (adjust)
- Wash the soaked sago in water thoroughly and boil in a lt of water till they turn soft. Turn off flame and drain. Wash the boiled sago in normal water and drain. Place the boiled and cooled sago in fridge till use.
- Boil 1/2 lt milk till it reduces to 3/4 cup. Turn off flame and bring to room temperature.
- In another vessel, bring 1/2 cup milk to a boil. Reduce flame, add sugar and cardamom. Simmer till the sugar dissolves. Slowly add the corn flour mixture and keep stirring till the milk thickens lightly. This could take 6-7 mts. Turn off flame. Allow to come to room temperature.
- Blend reduced milk, boiled milk+sugar mixture and mango puree till well combined. You can use a mixer grinder to blend.
- Remove the mixture to a bowl, add the chilled sago and mix gently till combined.
- Chill the mixture for at least 2-3 hours before serving. At the time of serving, divide the mango sago pudding among the serving glasses. Garnish with ripe mango cubes and tapioca pearls. Serve!
- You can replace reduced milk and sugar with 3/4 can condensed milk.
- If the pudding is too thick, you can dilute by adding more milk.
- Remember to blend all the ingredients at room temperature. The ingredients should not be warm.
- Cinnamon can be used in place of cardamom.
- Vegans can use non-dairy cream, almond milk and coconut milk instead of milk and fresh cream.
By : Sailu