- 2 cup rice (dosa rice)
- 1 medium cucumber(skinned and chopped)
- 1/4 tsp methi (fenugreek seeds)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 jaggery (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 medium onion( chopped)
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 tbsp cahew
- 2 tbsp raisin
- Soak rice and methi in water for 3 hours.
- Grind rice, methi , jaggery, coconut and cucmber to a slightly coarse batter adding little water(dosa batter consistency). Check sweetness, add more jaggery if you like it sweet.
- Place a pressure cooker on medium flame , when hot add ghee,swirl the cooker around to grease the side of the cooker with ghee(by doing this you will be able to remove the whole adde out of the cooker easily), when ghee is hot add chopped onion and fry till they turn dark brown. Now add cashew nuts and raisins an stir for few seconds.
- Add the batter and mix, add 1/2 cup water. mix well and lower the flame. Cover the cooker. Do not use the pressure weight, place a steel tumbler on the spout from where the steam escapes, By doing this the moisture is retained.
- Cook the Adde on very low flame for 1 hour.
- Check after 45 minutes to see if the Adde is done by piercing with a wet knife. If any batter sticks to the knife ,cover a cook again for few more minutes.
- once the Adde is done, let it cool down for few minutes, loosen the sides and and remove it from the cooker, cut to desires shape and serve (you can also warm the Adde in the microwave)